Returns triangular pseudo random number(s) based on Mersenne Twister Algorithm which has long period (219937-1), high order of equidistribution (623 dimensions).
- Random seed1,
- Random seed2
- Size is # of random numbers (Positive integer).
- Min is a lower limit of a support of the distribution .
- Max is a upper limit of a support of the distribution .
- Mode is a mode of the distribution .
- Algorithm is a integer value that determines a method to generate uniform random number.
- 0: Mersenne Twister(2002)
- 1: Mersenne Twister(1998)
- 2: Numerical Recipes
- Random seed1 is 1st. random seed.
- Random seed2 is 2nd. random seed.
- Parameters must hold the following relation: a < c < b
- The distribution has bounded support [a, b]
- The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Formula Auditing Mode.
1 2 3 4 5 6
A B Data Description 1 Lower limit of support 3 Upper limit of support 1.4 Mode of the distribution Formula Description (Result) =NTRANDTRIANGULAR(100,A2,A3,A4,0) 100 triangular deviates based on Mersenne-Twister algorithm for which the parameters above
Note The formula in the example must be entered as an array formula. After copying the example to a blank worksheet, select the range A6:A105 starting with the formula cell. Press F2, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Download sample excel sheet
- See tutorial video
- Triangular distribution
- Choice of the random number generator algorithm
- Why I always see the same result even if I input formula into multiple cell?