Returns parameters of the log normal distribution for the specified mean and standard deviation.
- Mean is the arithmetic mean of the distribution.
- Stdev is the standard deviation of the distribution (Positive value).
- The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Formula Auditing Mode.
1 2 3 4 5
A B Data Description 3 Arithmetic mean of the distribution 0.1 Standard deviation of the distribution Formula Description (Result) =NTLOGNORMPARAM(A2,A3) Parameters of the distribution Alpha and Beta for the terms above
Note The formula in the example must be entered as an array formula. After copying the example to a blank worksheet, select the range A5:A8 starting with the formula cell. Press F2, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Download sample excel sheet
- Log Normal distribution
- Why I always see the same result even if I input formula into multiple cell?