Returns the bivariate normal distribution
- X1 is the value of 1st. variable for which you want the distribution.
- X2 is the value of 2nd. variable for which you want the distribution.
- Corr is a correlation coefficient between 2 variables .
- Cumulative is a logical value that determines the form of the function. If cumulative is TRUE, NTBINORMDIST returns the cumulative distribution function; if FALSE, it returns the probability density function.
- If , the probability density is singular at X1=X2 (returns #VALUE! error).
- The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Formula Auditing Mode.
4 5 6
A B Data Description 1.5 Value of 1st. variable for which you want the distribution -1 Value of 2nd. variable for which you want the distribution 0.5 Correlation coefficient Formula Description (Result) =NTBINORMDIST(A2,A3,A4,TRUE) Cumulative distribution function for the terms above =NTBINORMDIST(A2,A3,A4,FALSE) Probability density function for the terms above